Rodgers & Hammerstein: At The Movies, is the new album from world renowned conductor and arranger John Wilson and his hand-picked orchestra – The John Wilson Orchestra. Showcasing music from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s ‘big five’; their best loved musicals, including You’ll Never Walk Alone (Carousel), Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin’! (Oklahoma) and I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair (South Pacific), brought to life by soloists Sierra Boggess, Anna-Jane Casey, Joyce DiDonato, Maria Ewing, Julian Ovenden, David Pittsinger, and the Maida Vale Singers.
The album is the first re-recording of many of these scores since the original movie sound stage sessions. A number of the scores were dug out of the Rodgers and Hammerstein’s vaults especially for this recording, while one of two had to be transcribed from the original film soundtracks.
Validate your purchase of the CD or iTunes download to unlock bonus content including:
- Artist Biographies
- Exclusive video content
- Exclusive images
by following the instructions below.
- Oklahoma! Main Title / Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’! (from Oklahoma) 8.39
- People Will Say We’re In Love (from Oklahoma) 4.28
- Carousel Waltz (from Carousel) 7.26
- If I Loved You (from Carousel) 5.45
- June is Bustin’ Out All Over (from Carousel) 8.57
- You’ll Never Walk Alone (from Carousel) 2.11
- Soliloquy (from Carousel) 8.00
- I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair (from South Pacific) 2.58
- Bali Ha’i (from South Pacific) 4.07
- Twin Soliloquies / Some Enchanted Evening (from South Pacific) 6.02
- The King and I Overture (from the King and I) 6.57
- The Sound Of Music – Main Title / Rex Admirabilis (from the Sound of Music) 4.02
- Main Title and Preludium (from The Sound of Music) 3.58
- I Have Confidence (from the Sound of Music) 3.38
- Climb Ev’ry Mountain (from The Sound of Music) 2.44